anuncio

This blog has moved to www.NormasBagBoutique.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Aragon Bag from SewSweetness

Today Sara Lawson has released her new pattern: Aragon Bag. I'm very proud to say I was one of the testers. It's a diaper bag but it can also be used as a carry-on bag.





As you can see it has many pockets inside and out. Outside it has a big zipper pocket on one side, a flap pocket on the other and two more pockets on it's sides. I made a bit of a modification on the flap pocket. I made it bigger by following the exterior lines and curves so it can hold a wipes portable case, or maybe your passport and wallet. The one in the pattern is a nice rounded bottom pocket. Inside it has another zipper pocket a big elastic pocket divided in two plus two side elastic pockets. It's a bit time consuming because of so many details and layers to sew but is completely worth it. I'm a slow sewer because I like to be sure that everything is the best it could be (my excuse). I used Fusible Thermolam as interfacing and the bag stands alone. The fabric is "Living Color" in blue from Waverly and I got it at JoAnn Fabrics on my last visit to US. It's a canvas fabric. Inside I used Laberinth in blue from pinkcastlefabrics.com. It was on sale.
I'm very proud of the outcome on this bag. The pattern is great and the instructions really take you step by step in accomplishing a great result when you sew it. Having patience is rewarding!!
Congratulations Sara!!!

Update: I moved to www.normasbagboutique.blogspot.com Follow me there. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. GREAT job Norma!! I really love what you did with the front pocket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always so sweet! I love that pocket too. I couldn't help myself once the idea was in my head.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails