anuncio

This blog has moved to www.NormasBagBoutique.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Lombard St Bag from Chris W Designs


The Lombard St Bag Pattern from ChrisW Designs has just been released. To learn about all it's features visit Christine's page but finish reading here first. : ) I was fortunate to be one of her testers and the pictures shows my version. When I first picked the fabric I thought it could be a bit boring, because is just gray but I like how it looks. You can see other testers bags at Christine's blog post here. This pattern is for the advanced sewer because of the iPad pouch/pocket it has in the back and the narrow rounded gussets.

 

Christine makes a superb job in giving you step by step instructions and lots of pictures that helps you achieve a great bag at the end. Beware that some patience is needed for attaching the gussets. They are rounded at the bottom. After a couple tries I basted them by hand before attaching and that helped a lot. The iPad pocket is a bit tricky but I had no trouble sewing that because of all the great instructions and pictures included in the pattern.




This bag has a lot of pockets, just like I love. There's a cellphone pocket hidden inside one of the slanted top pockets. It fits my iphone with that big case and all.


 
I can see this bag used by college girls over and over because it has lots of organization pockets that will help keep everything on it's place and easy to find. Now, as usual, I'm debating a bit in my head if I should keep this one, give it out as a gift or what!!!
 
 
*** In another news I'll be changing my etsy shop's name from Norma's Clay to Norma's Bag Boutique. I already changed it on etsy but will also add a beautiful banner, etc soon. As you might know I'm switching from working with polymer clay to sewing bags. The shop already has more bags than polymer clay items and it seem a bit odd. I'm not sure how to proceed about the blog's name. Geez! Let's see how I figure it out. But I hope you follow me along. Please stay with me on my new adventure.
 
****This post has been added to the "I Sew" linking party from www.gotosew.com. Visit the page here to see other links.
 
Update: I moved to www.normasbagboutique.blogspot.com Follow me there. Thanks!


6 comments:

  1. I don't find it boring ...I find it classy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tu bolso es hermoso. Ahora estoy siguiendo tu blog.
    Looking forward to seeing your future creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it classy too Norma! Great job and thanks for testing it for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna have to believe it looks classy! Is always a pleasure to test for you.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails