anuncio

This blog has moved to www.NormasBagBoutique.blogspot.com

Monday, September 30, 2013

Time to Travel Bag

From New York to France.....

Time to travel is my first bag I've just finished as part of  Purse Palooza 2013. After getting this fabric from Tim Holtz's Eclectic Elements Collection and staring at it a couple of times ( I do this with all my fabric :-) ) I knew I wanted to use the Aeroplane Bag Pattern from Sew Sweetness to make a big carry-on bag with it. I thought inmediately of using the Subway Signs fabric for the bottom part and adjusting the measurements of the pattern to show 3 bands of signs on front and back and 4 bands in the bottom of the bag. I also used the width of the bands of the fabric as the straps.


For the main sections of the bag I used French Script. If you're familiar with this pattern you can see that I also added a slip pocket on the front between the straps. I just wanted to feature another fabric (Timepieces) from the collection.

This is the back: 
 

A close up of the gorgeous fabric:
 
Another picture:

I did not used Soft and Stble as interfacing but Pellon Thermolam so the bag doesn't stand on it's own. I wanted the bag to be able to fold small for storage when not in use. I stuffed it to take the pictures and I can tell it really holds a lot of stuff even though this is the smaller version. I added a piece of Peltex on the bottom and also some purse feet.


This bag is pretty simple to sew with Sara's instructions that are included with the pattern.

So, what do you think?

Update: I moved to www.normasbagboutique.blogspot.com Follow me there. Thanks!

17 comments:

  1. The bag and fabric are gorgeous, you did a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. I think they are good together.

      Delete
  2. I think it is gorgeous! Great job and that fabric is really nice too...I want some!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine. I got some of the fabric when I was visiting the US and some I pre-ordered online.

      Delete
  3. You always find the coolest fabrics !! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, Liz. I try. I let fabric talk to me. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

      Delete
  4. fabulous, that's what I think! great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Tracy. For the fabrics I thank Tim Holtz.

      Delete
  5. This is lovely. It's a nice use of the fabrics. I particularly like the adjustments you made to the pattern so that you could get the look you wanted from your fabrics. What are the dimensions of the final bag since you adjusted the bottom section?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. The bag is 16" high x 16-1/2" wide x 6-5/8" deep.

      Delete
  6. Fab job on this bag! LOVE THE FABRIC and how you've used it. It (the fabric) is perfect for this bag! I have a birthday coming soon and I keep hinting that I'd like some Tim Holtz fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting and commenting. Aren't they just great for each other?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous bag, Norma!! You do always have the best fabric choices!! Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Janelle. You're always so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Sewing is great! Once you start you might not be able to stop.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails